We are pleased to offer Crystal Singing Bowls & Restorative, at The Reps Studio starting January 2023.
This therapeutic yoga program will focus on full body and mind relaxation, reducing stress and anxiety, by allowing the body to fully decompress with the use of props. Unlike other more traditional forms of Yoga, Restorative Yoga encourages you to relax, release, breathe and melt into your mat with the use of our props.
Crystal Singing Bowls have been used for years to enhance in meditation, yoga and for sound therapy, and often referred to as a Sound Bath.
The benefits of Crystal Singing Bowls are plentiful.
-Reduce stress and anxiety.
-Increase sleep quality.
-Promote deep relaxation.
-Stimulates the immune system.
This Restorative Yoga session will introduce the Crystal Singing Bowls, to offer you a relaxing, fulfilling, and deep restorative session that will prepare you for a good night's sleep.
Our Restorative Yoga will focus on the breathe, while relaxing the body and mind in poses up to 10 mins in length. This session will prepare you for a fantastic night's rest - body, mind & spirit.
*The Reps Studio offers a large selection of props to assist you in classes.*
NOTE: We ask that you bring your own blanket(s) and yoga mat.
Some key benefits of Restorative Yoga are:
- Let's start with it's relaxing and feels good! - Body and mind at rest. Breathe is calm and deep and while focusing on complete stillness in a pose.
- Reduces chronic pain and soothes the nervous system,
- Increasing flexibility and tension in the body including your muscles.
- Help with a restful sleep.
- Decreases Stress Hormone Cortisol - STRESS RELIEVER!
- Using props to maximize the comfort level while in total state of decompression.
- Although getting a "stretch" is not the goal with Restorative Yoga, you can certainly increase your ROM with Restorative Yoga.
There are many more benefits of this style of Yoga as there are all styles of Yoga.
This class will be set in the perfect calm with Yoga Teacher Alison.
*Bring a mat AND blanket.
1x per Week/4 Weeks
Class Time and Date:
Thursdays, April 20th - May 11th, 2023, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
1012 Notre Dame Street, Embrun at The Reps With Alison Fitness Studio